15. Bookkeeping

As per regulation made under the South African law promulgated in 2011, entities in South Africa are permitted to use either International Financial Reporting Standards (FIRS), the FIRS for SMEs, or the South African Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (SA GAAP). Section 32(1) of the Estate Agency Affairs Act requires an estate agent to open and keep one or more trust accounts, to be properly...

U. Agent Income Tax

In order to trade as a Real Estate Agent and get paid a commission earning, you need to register as a provisional taxpayer. Based on this you will receive a tax directive (currently 18%), which needs to be renewed annually. Registration with SARS In order to register, you will need to send the following information to your bookkeeper or register with SARS e-filing yourself. Your ID. Your...

Compare listings