PAIA (Promotion to Access of Information Act) and POPI (Protection of Personal Information Act)
All estate agencies are required to register their PAIA manuals with PAIA, and failure to do so incurs penalties. In order to register, the following is required:
- Compile a section 51 manual which is a roadmap of the enterprise (see example attached below)
- Submit the manual to the South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC). The manual can be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Private Bag x2700, Houghton, 2014. Keep a copy of the email submission and request a delivery and read the receipt. Keep all emails on file!
- Update any material changes on an ongoing basis and send updated manual to SAHRC.
- Make the manual available in your office. A copy of the SAGH manual is available on the website.
- Annexe a request form to the manual in your office.
All Estate Agents need to register their Information Officer with the information regulator.
In order to register, the following is required:
- Completed Information Officer Registration Form
- Copy of SAGH Terms and Conditions
- Email documents to: IR@justice.gov.za
- Keep a copy of the email submission and request a delivery and read the receipt. Keep all emails on file!